HR 1970 50th Reunion
September 10: Recording of Gehl-Porter democracy session on Politics Industry is now posted. All now available!
Links to Harvard Cultural Resources - give yourself a virtual art museum tour! - Click here.
The reunion committee set up a number of virtual events to tide us over while we wait until next year (most likely) for an in-person gathering.
We are considering whether and how to continue these well-received events over the next year. Stay tuned for more!
Multiple Zoom events were held during Commencement Week and the following weeks. Most of the involved materials and session video recordings are available on the web pages listed below. As of 7/1, a few videos are still being processed and will be posted shortly. Videos of all sessions will eventually be available.
- Tues May 26 - Presentation of Class Survey results Go to Event page and resources / recording.
- Wed May 27 - Climate Symposium - There is no Planet B: What we can do about the climate crisis. Go to Event page and resources / recording.
- Thu May 28 - Democracy #1 - David Riemer: "The New Shape of Economic Crises and Economic Insecurity: What Policy Reforms Are Needed to Protect Democracy?" Go to Event page and resources / recording.
- Fri May 29 - Welcome Back to Schlesinger Library: A Virtual Visit with Faculty Director Jane Kamensky Go to Event page and resources / recording.
- Tues June 2 - Ernie Wilson: "On the Frontlines: Inequality in Action" Go to Event page and resources / recording.
- Thur June 4 - Mark Gerzon: "The Reunited States of America: Can We Bridge the Partisan Divide?" Go to Event page and resources / recording
- Tues June 9 - "The Politics Industry: How Political Innovation Can Break Partisan Gridlock and Save Our Democracy." Katherine Gehl and University Professor Michael Porter analyze the dynamics of our political system and recommend a pathway to overcome obstacles to change. Go to Event page, including updates and resources / session recording.
- Thu June 25 - Diana Pinto: "Democracy in an Equally Divided Europe." Go to Event page and resources / recording
Please be sure your have given Harvard your current email contact information to ensure you receive important communications about the reunion. Virtually all messages will be sent via email, so HAA needs to have a valid email on file for you.